Monday, August 9, 2010

TN laws on divorce and child custody?

Will a judge truly listen to my teen daughter who hates her father (due to his past verbal/emotional abuse, and spanking, she is 12, and he still spanks her) if she doesn't want to visit or live with him?





We have been married 20 years, been in counseling numerous times as I prayed her narcissist dad would wake up and grow up. I have no job and no money except what we have in a joint account. Can't work at the moment due to caring for my teen who has physical issues related to anxiety %26amp; depression. If he actually would move out before the house sold, how would I get him to pay the bills, so we could have toilet paper, food , and electricity? I want to be fair, but am I just stuck? What do I do?


I'm job hunting while our house is on the market. Who knows how long that will take to get a job or sell the house? In the meantime, how do we do this? When the house sells, she and I want to move out of state, contengient on me finding a job.


Do we just tell him, or just get movers to move us out when he is gone for the day, then let him figure it out? We don't know where we would live if we left, and we need our house to sell before we can leave the state. Do we just throw the moving expenses on the credit card, and go? Any advice would be truly appreciated. How much would a lawyer cost?TN laws on divorce and child custody?
If I were you I would not move out of state before the divorce is final. Secondly unless there has been past documentation of the alleged abuse the court will most likely give him visitation of some kind likely supervised but visitation none the less. Stay put until the divorce is final running up credit card bills and leaving state will not look good when custody and separation of assets talk starts up. You don't sound like a very financial savvy person. Is there a family member that you can stay with until you get some grasp on your financial assets and situation? Also you need a lwayer
  • girls myspace
  • company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment