Monday, August 9, 2010

How did you keep your sanity while divorcing a narcissist?

If you have ever gotten out of a relationship with a Narcissist, you realize what I am talking about. I have a plan, but because of the economy I am unable to find a full time job with benefits right now. He seems like he isn't even thinking about the divorce, because I don't think he cares whether I live here or not, it will not interrupt his life and how he's lived it (has no idea about the fidelity anymore - after two affairs, I quit checking up on him) and I know I will be stuck here for a while living with him.





I already made other plans for Thanksgiving with my children and we are going to be with loving caring family members and away from him and his self pitying BS (I decided to divorce him after realizing he still lies about his smoking pot and believes he is superior and can drive me and the kids under any conditions including being high and drinking) and it is HIS fault our marriage is over but he is trying to make at least my 8 year old son feel sorry for him. I mean, he is pretty damn pitiful, but only because he feels sorry for himself when he should be sorry to those that he's hurt.





It just drives me insane to think that he could at this moment be plotting totally rotten things against me and I'd have no idea (he's a huge liar) and that I still feel committed to behaving in a decent way that sets a good example for the kids. I feel like a sitting duck, but I do not want to turn into a narcissist to divorce one! Everyone says Hide money - but I think that's being as bad as the narcissist. I am looking for solutions on how to maintain my sense of balance and not get angry at the ridiculousness of his attitudes. Anyone been through this and have some good perspective and advice?How did you keep your sanity while divorcing a narcissist?
Sounds like my Ex - %26amp; we have an Aspergers daughter.





It is scary just how easy they can do this to us.





Not sure what your local laws are, but I'd suggest finding a Domestic Violence support group - I'm hoping at least they'll recognise that Domestic Violence is more than just physical violence.





I'd suggest reading http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com/





.How did you keep your sanity while divorcing a narcissist?
send him a mirror as a gift and with a note write, '; decide';. let him figure this one out if he decides to be with himself or with the family.
Just get out of that situation ASAP.
Kill him
What I hear is that you are married to a ';narcissist'; which to me means that you are married to a man who only thinks in terms of his self-interest and does not care about any lives other than his own. So, please tell me, why did you marry this man? Certainly narcissism is not a momentary phenomena.
My husband went through an extremely messy divorce from his narcissistic ex wife.





All you can do is the right thing for the kids at all times, regardless of how the other person behaves or how bad they make you look. The kids will grow up and mature and see that you always took the high road.

No comments:

Post a Comment