Monday, August 9, 2010

I know I'm married to a narcissist but?

how do I get through to him? has anyone else been through this?


even the pros say you have to live with it or just leave them,


can they be humbled? [I do pray]I know I'm married to a narcissist but?
Oh honey good luck. what a job you have on your hands to get this one to change. You can try but I think you will find it aint gonna happen. Best wishes anywaysI know I'm married to a narcissist but?
Well, your spouse probably cannot just change on his own or if you tell him to. Because of first of all, he doesn't think anything is wrong, and second of all he has been living with this probably for so long, it's also like a habit.


Maybe a therapist can help him [if it's not just phase he's going through, if it's that serious]





But you will have to do something. Start by just talking to him. If he doesn't change, chances are you will end up splitting becuase he wont have time for you.





I pray the best thing for you.


God bless.



I think you should read Sam Venkins blog on Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I was married to one for 15 years and it tooks it's toll on my sanity. One thing that you can do to him is let him get away with his little control issues, but when one of them angers you, totally blow up in his face about it. Do this every once in awhile to show your power. When a bully like this is confronted head on with force, he'll hide his tail and take a breather. I was in church too, I tried everything. It came down to divorce or suicide. I chose life. He will try to destroy you in a divorce and take away anything that you value, so be VERY careful.
I've found the best way to drive a narcissist crazy is to help other people. You don't have to use words just show him by your actions. Start doing volunteer work. You could help the homeless or work with a charity. Show you husband that people will praise you when giving freely (without expecting anything in return). There is a chance that he may be humbled by your example. Consider getting involved in a church and talking to a priest or minister about your problems.





Good Luck! You'll be in my prayers.





PS The saints dealt with a lot of people like your husband





EWTN - http://www.ewtn.com
i was married to one, and he never changed, never humbled himself, was never sorry for anything, so good luck, your going to need it. u can't change him.
Alcoholics Anonymous teaches that you will NEVER change a person. Change comes only from within the individual when he or she is ready to do so on their own terms. I think that applies to all behavioral problems.
I do not believe that they can be humbled. Sorry.





And as far as getting through to him, I don't know. My bff's boyfriend is a narcissist and pretty much he just gets on my nerves.
Narcissists think they're great (as you know) and this means thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong when it comes to their own personal flaws. You won't get through unless he lets you.
True narcissism is a psychological ';defect'; and only counseling get through to him... if he's willing to go.
tell him.. your better then him! and you know it.. babe ;)..

No comments:

Post a Comment