Monday, August 9, 2010

Family help! Both my parents are hard to live with!?

About me: 13, have a little brother, paints, draws, likes music, reading and sports, more mature than most 13 year olds, doesn't have a lot of friends or money, I live with my mom.





So my parents are divorced. My dad is a narcissist and only cares about looks and money, etc. He doesn't like me much because I am a rebellious, tomboyish, 13 year old girl. He still sees me as a child because he hasn't been around for most of my life.





My mom, is very serious. She's a lawyer and works constantly. All she cares about is work and cleaning our house. She does have a very smart, and nice boyfriend though. There have been certain fights where she's hit me before even though shes always told me she doesn't approve of hitting children. {ok so she has slammed the washing machine door down on my arm and left a nasty bruise and huge cut on it because I was being a smart as$. And once while staying at a friends house i threw a shampoo bottle at a spider on the floor and the bottle broke. I was afraid to clean it up until i knew the spider was dead (I am SO AFRAID of spiders, and the fear happens to be something my mom taught me when i was little because she is very scared of them too). My mom comes in a screams, grabs my hands and tries to make me clean it up with my shirt and hands. She tackled me on the edge of the bathtub and gave me large bruises all over my back. She ended up ruining my shirt, dumping all the soap on my head, and both of us got soap all over the entire room and had to stay up cleaning it while both of us cried}





I really don't like either of my parents and don't get me wrong because I do love them (and my mom can be happy and fun sometimes). But I find that I worry for my brother and myself and don't want to have to live with her anymore. She makes me feel bad about my life and I feel myself getting very depressed. What do I do? I have no idea how to get myself out of this?! I hate my life and worry about what will happen. Please help.Family help! Both my parents are hard to live with!?
dont fool yourself you hate them both and thats okay if i werre you id of ran away a long time ago or at least hit them move in with a family member and away from tthem until your 18 then move away and dont tell those moron parents of yours where you are take your bro with you maybe?Family help! Both my parents are hard to live with!?
Wow, you're a strong girl. Unless you speak with an aunt or grandma or family member (maybe your dad, would you rather live with him?) about the situation, you're basically stuck until you turn 18. Don't loose hope in yourself, because girls like you are usually too weak to go through things like this and anyone can tell that you're stronger than that. I would take pictures of your bruises because you might need them one day for court if you end up switching legal guardians. Good luck with whatever happens. Also, don't forget when you go to high school try being the best student you can be so that you get into a great college and escape from the dangerous enviornment you're in now.
Well my life isnt like yours but when someone screams in my house i always put on my ipod and turn the sound loud and go to my room and igonore it.Might not be the best suggestion or answer but it does relief me.
I suggest seeing a councilor. It really helps, i've been to one myself.


They don't judge you, and everything's confidential. You could even go to one without your mother or father knowing.


Another thing you could do is just confront her about it, tell her what's wrong and MAKE her listen.


About your father, those options are open for that aswell.


I hope i helped you in at least the littlest of ways and i hope you will be okay.
You could always look into emancipation for when you're sixteen. Although, this is a pretty drastic action to take, it would free you up from your parents. The bad part about emancipation is that you would be burdened with responsibilities that other teenagers your age wouldn't have to worry about. This is what I had to do when I was sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment