Monday, August 9, 2010

How should I get away from the narcissist?

I have been dating a narcissist for 2 years and have been desperately trying to end the relationship for the past 6-8 months. I've reached my end this week and am thinking about spending the weekend with a girlfriend of mine that he doesn't know where she lives. I normally wouldn't do something like this, but we live in the same condo complex and he lives in the building next door. What do you guys think? Should I spend the weekend with my friend?How should I get away from the narcissist?
Wait a minute, isn't this your life? Why do you have to ask who you can spend your time with? If this guy is really bugging you, tell him, his parents, your parents, the police...Duh!How should I get away from the narcissist?
Yes, get away. He won't like it. He thinks the whole world centers around him and how could he not be the most important person in your life. How could you want to have friends other than him. Leave and then think about moving somewhere else where he won't be right next door. But if he realizes you aren't into him the way he wants you to, his ego will require him to move on to someone else who will grovel at his feet. But be ready when he does that, he will try to hurt you, to make you think you lost the greatest thing in the world. Don't fall for it. You desire better. Go to your friends and talk and try to figure out why after 6-8 months you are still in this relationship. What will it take to get you out of it? Good luck. You will need it. But remember, narcisstic people suck the life out of you; they aren't worth the sacrifice.
Yes, but, I'd tell the guy also. There is no sense in continuing a relationship, if your not happy in it. Don't lie or talk around a subject. Your only prolonging the inevitable.
I think that you have already made up your mind. I think you already know the answer to the question that your posing to us and I think you just need some support to actually do it.


I DO absolutely think that you should go stay with your girlfriend this weekend. DEFINETLY! If you have been trying to end it for nearly a year, then your mind is made up and you just need to DO IT! I'm here if you need me, email me anytime. Good luck hon.

No comments:

Post a Comment