Monday, August 9, 2010

How can I tell if my husband is a narcissist?

Are you familiar with any simple or tell tale signs. My counselor gave me a pamphlet and suggested that may be whats wrong with my marriage. But today she went into this long heartfelt explanation that she knows that I must be because SHE was married to a narcissist and then explained what it did to her....and I think she may be over identifying with me....so I am not sure. What do you know about narcissism? Any survey, personality quizzes to know if I am living with one?


(and yes I know that means I play the victim too often and that I have such low self esteem that I accept a whole lot of crap---)How can I tell if my husband is a narcissist?
Is Your Partner a Narcissist?





Take this quiz and find out. Based on your knowledge of your partner.





http://groups.msn.com/NARCISSISTICPERSON鈥?/a>How can I tell if my husband is a narcissist?
http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/inde鈥?/a> has a lot of info. Read through it carefully- these traits (below) are explained:





amoral/conscienceless


authoritarian


care only about appearances


contemptuous


critical of others


cruel


disappointing gift-givers


don't recognize own feelings


envious and competitive


feel entitled


flirtatious or seductive


grandiose


hard to have a good time with


hate to live alone


hyper-sensitive to criticism


impulsive


lack sense of humor


naive


passive


pessimistic


religious


secretive


self-contradictory


stingy


strange work habits


unusual eating habits


weird sense of time
  • girls myspace
  • company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment