Monday, August 16, 2010

How to handle a on again off again relationship with my dad...?

I apologize how long this is, but it needed to be to explain everything... please read =)





My situation is this: My dad and his 3rd wife (whom I'm not so fond of) live in Georgia and I live in California. My husband and I are expecting our first child in about another month, so needless to say we are in baby mode right now.





My dad's relationship with me has slowly tapered off because of his relationships with other women. He will go through a phase where he meets a new woman, and I don't exist to him. He will go weeks with talking to me, and maybe send an occasional email. Once that relationship ends he will ';come to his senses'; and realize how he has pushed me away... and me being a young compassionate kid would always let him back in my life. Well he has managed to do this again, he has met a young woman from Vietnam that he had come over here on a fiance Visa only after meeting her 3 times, she is only 3 years older than I am... and I am all of sudden pushed out of his life. He has only called me maybe twice to see how my pregnancy is going, and when I try to call him he either doesn't answer the phone or he will go on and on about himself... he really got me when he sent me a long email asking me why I didn't contact him this weekend, because he was sad that his wife went to visit family in Florida without him... he said I should have called to make sure he was ok. What is his deal? What in the hell do I say to this? I have had this conversation with him every time he pushes me away, and I feel like I am just DONE with him. I think my dad may be a narcissist. I am also disgusted with the way he treats women... he cheats on every wife/girlfriend he has.





Any adviceHow to handle a on again off again relationship with my dad...?
Why does it surprise you since he treats other women the same way?





Why does it surprise you that he continues to do what he's always done to you?





The only one you can change is you. You can change so that you don't get hurt anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment