Monday, August 9, 2010

Thought experiment of TERROR!?

Although I'm 100% positive that there aren't any gods, I do enjoy exploring hypothetical situations. One of my favorites is: How would I get on with a god if one did indeed exist. The answer is: not so good. I mean; I don't want to be 'given' a purpose in life, nor do I want to have to strive to achieve any ridiculous moral standard set by a narcissist, nor do I want to have to live for an eternity, especially not one in which I spend all my time bowing down to a narcissist. Given that Satan teaches to love yourself and nature, then the hypothetical situation in which he exists is far more favourable.


I was just wondering what your thoughts would be on the subject? Would you like someone else to give you a purpose? Do you like the idea of living on and on and on and on unceasingly, and do you like the idea of spending eternity under someone else's rule?Thought experiment of TERROR!?
Live life believing you're immortal;


Because by the time you discover otherwise;


It won't matter.Thought experiment of TERROR!?
I thought you had a thought experiment, instead you are just asking my opinion.


The answer is simple if you accept a particular religion then by all accounts you are still ';choosing your own purpose'; and if you are coerced or forced to practice a particular religion you are still free to think what ever you like.


Either way the idea you have expressed is the same because people are able to choose whatever religion they want.
Starting tomorrow, pretend there is a god, and ask him to show you something extraordinary each day for 2 weeks.





After you have seen the extraordinary thing of that day, write it down and make a study of why it is extraordinary to you.





That is my thought.
I love the truth that my God is a loving God who loves me and wants all people to be in relationship with Him. I long for the day when I can see Him in His glory, worshiping Him, he is my Heavenly Father. All He requires of us is faith, even if it is as small as a mustard seed.
I too don't (well can't) beleive in a God. There's just too much choice for their to be a right answer.





But, if there were a God and a Satan, I'd rather do the good work of the guy downstairs...
No there is no purpose for my life. I am the master, I rule. not god wether he exists or no.
I would like myself to give me a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment