Monday, August 16, 2010

How to end a friendship with a selfish narcissist?

I've realized that I've been friends with seriously NPD guy and I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt on all the very insensitive selfish things he's said to me in the past, such as: You are not a priority...I did that for him and not you because he is a friend of mine and he didn't ask- you did....Myriad messed up things....In this case, I have been very good friends with his elderly mother who he lives with, and I have helped them out for years with her aging issues...Now, my father is in the hospital. He fell down the stairs and broke his neck. He's in intensive care now and i've been living at the hospital and very upset.The other night I saw this friend out at our club, when I stopped to have a drink and hopefully find a friendly face to sit with after the hospital, and he didn't even come over to ask how I am..He was picking up a girl and obviously- I didn't matter. In spite of the pain that he could see I am in..He knows he did wrong- he's called me 6 times in the last 24 hours- but he has not apologized-he's just left a message saying a trite, '; sorry I 'didn't have a chance' to come over and talk to you the other night at the club';. HE did- he just didn't. I want this to be over. I am drained from his taking from me and giving nothing back. How do I end this? I have to. But I run into him all the time so I don't want there to be too much ugliness. I am sure he's going to end up being angry at ME for not returning his calls and once again it will be my issue. I am so done. Please help?How to end a friendship with a selfish narcissist?
Well the problem is he looks at you like a pushover.


Just let him know he has not been the friend you need and tell him point blank that his energy is draining you. You should have all this time right now to take care of your father (prayers to you and him) and not comtemplating over a ';friend'; that is not giving you your full worth.


Have the balls to just tell him how you feel because he really doesnt think you will.


If your so worried about how uncomfortable it will be after, then instead of just telling him and gettin over it. just treat him exactly how he treats you and reduce him to associate. dont call him, dont make plans with him and when you see him tell him your busy with alot of things and brush him off.


he will get the picture.How to end a friendship with a selfish narcissist?
Tell him how you feel, If you think it may to big of an issue to tell him. Then e-mail him , Then distance yourself from him , If you run into him make your conversation a brief as possible. He is a selfish self centered JERK. So don't go lite on him. This kind of person don';t change.
offer sex, then leave as soon as you see his penis.


nothing would be more devastating, and he'll hate you forever

No comments:

Post a Comment