Monday, August 16, 2010

How can we get away from him?

My estranged husband is a narcissist. A real full-blown narcissist (of course undiagnosed, as N's are rarely diagnosed). He was horribly mentally/emotionally abusive to myself and our toddler daughter before he left us for the affair he'd been having with a girl 10 years younger than himself. He has since cut down the voluntary support he was paying without notice by hundreds per month, refuses to sign anything enabling me to get assistance, and is forbidding me from moving out of state (I have family in different states, and a fiancee in the military whom I would like to marry and move to). He doesn't want to spend time with our daughter beyond 7 non-consecutive hours per week. He won't take her for weekends although that was our original custody order which is still in place until the new one goes through (we separated 2 years ago briefly and reconciled...never called off the order). He is living with his girlfriend with whom he competes in cosplay events dressed up like Anime cartoon characters (he is in his mid-30's). He already had a psych-eval and despite elevated levels, pathology was not diagnosed as it was done by a social worker and not a psychiatrist. I had a PFA order against him also 2 years ago.





His father has threatened and attempted suicide multiple times. Himself, his girlfriend, and his parents make multiple trips past my house to check out what I'm doing, who is here, what I'm doing, etc...





I need to get myself and my daughter somewhere safe. I'm actually still afraid of this man, but everything I have, I think, is hear-say. I have no money for a lawyer and legal aid won't help with divorce. Is there any way that all of this would add up to me being able to marry and move (after divorce is final, of course) or at least get to my family for support? I have no one at all here, not even friends...only his family. Most of them have been very supportive as he has been really horrible to our daughter and me, but I need my support system, and so does my child.





Thank you for any advice you can offer.How can we get away from him?
Why do you think you need his permission to move? Unless you have a court order that says you can't, then move.





Call the American Bar Association in your area to find a lawyer that is willing to work your case for a reduced cost. A good lawyer can also get an order to have your ex pay if he makes much more than you.How can we get away from him?
Have you ever heard the expression ';You can run but you can't hide!';?


Yeaaaa.....
Find a GOOD attorney.
How is he preventing you from leaving the state?
Do a barrel roll
i would try and move or get a restraining order
Even if this is all a bunch of baloney, you ';have a case'; and can get a divorce. A good divorce attorney can get her fee paid by your husband--you will need no money, or little money, up front.





As for your personal safety and that of your children, call the YWCA. They will either offer you support directly or tell you where to get it.
It sounds like you are in serious danger. I advise you to contact authorities and evacuate your home. You should move in with your family. Until you can support yourself and a bit more without him, you should live with caring relatives. Change your cell phone number if have one and cut off any other way for him to contact you. After you are stable, take legal action against him. I pray for you and your daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment