Monday, August 9, 2010

IS my boyfriend a narcissist and what should I do?

My boyfriend and I have been together now for almost 3 years. We lived apart for for quite a long time, but just recently moved intogether and also just had a baby. I sometimes feel like I am living with a stranger though....I have a hard time trusting him because he cheated on me in the past, but I love him and wanted to work things out. Well about 5 months ago things in our relationship got really bad and we broke up for like 2 weeks(of course we ended up getting back together and decided to work toward being a family)....but I just found emails from another women that he was sleeping with during the two weeks we broke up. I just dont understand how he was able to move on so quickly then get right back with me and not tell me anything at all. I try to talk to him, but I am an emotional person and it is hard for me not to cry. He lacks empathy and any feelings at all, and if I try to talk to him about it, rather than being civil he always blows up and says that I can just move out. He also likes to throw in my face the things he has done for me(such as moving me in, and currently taking care of me since I am not working.....but I do take care of our daughter). I just dont know what to do....maybe I am overreacting because everyone has problems...but could he be a narcissist? What a certain reactions that they have to situations, and can you work things out?IS my boyfriend a narcissist and what should I do?
Why don't you move out and get your life and your daughter's life together without all the bull**** from your boyfriend. Looks like to me, you are just looking for trouble staying in this relationship.IS my boyfriend a narcissist and what should I do?
This is way too many problems. If he really does love you then he should not think that ';moving in and taking care of you'; is a favour. That's his responsibility. And gal, you need some self respect. Get out of this relationship and i'm sure something much better will come along. You and ur baby need more love and care not all this crap.
Not a narcissist...(IMO) a D!ck!! (or should I say D!ckless)





If he views taking care of his family as a favor, then he's selfish and immature.





He is punishing you for becoming pregnant with his child, and he doesn't seem to want to take responsibility for it.





I'm sorry, but I've seen this pattern with men, way too often, and I don't find it acceptable.





In fact I don't consider guys like this to be men at all...They are only boys failing miserably at becoming real man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I lived with A Narcissistic Man for 2 1/2 years. I thought he was the Love of My Life! I stood by his side while he was in jail for 3 months. I helped his company, I drove him around for 2 years while he had no licence, I invested so much emotionally into the relationship! I ignored the RED FLAGS at the beginning. His violent ways, his aggression, his cruel putdowns about me claiming always that he was "kidding". The emotional and verbal abuse started taking it's toll on me.Then came some physical assaults! I started suffering from Panic attacks mainly, from feeling like I was "Walking on Eggshells". It took me 6 times of breaking up and making up until one morning that we got into yet another argument from him trying to push my buttons. I decided that No one in this World was worth me losing my sanity over! I left him 5 weeks ago and went Completely NO Contact. Best thing I ever did! I still am going through the Healing process and I still have him on my mind almost everyday. I am soooo much happier now! The panic attacks have stopped and I feel like I can breathe again! Trust me, Leaving him was hard, but staying with him was like slow torture! Please get away from these Narcissist/Psychopaths! I beg you!

Post a Comment