Monday, August 16, 2010

Could someone tell me how someone with borderline personality discorder and a narcassist can be happy together

i have been with my narcissist for a year now we split up because of his mental stability and the horrible mental abuse he put on me. we started seeing each other again and he claims he is better and that he loves me. I have BPD (borderline personality disorder) and i just need to know if a narcissist can love someone or ';get better.'; With such conflicting mental disorders can we live together happily or am i setting myself up for mental abuse again? Because of my fragile emotions( having BPD), history repeating itself will probably crush my self-esteem to nothing, but leaving will only cause me to think ';what if it worked out.'; PLEASE HELP!Could someone tell me how someone with borderline personality discorder and a narcassist can be happy together
First, has he been formally diagnosed with NPD? If so, does he accept the diagnosis and is he able and willing to attend therapy at least once a week for as long as necessary? If the answer is yes to these questions, my guess is that he'll do fine, at least on his end of the relationship.





I assume you would answer yes to these questions in reference to your BPD. If so, then the insight you will each acquire in your healing should compensate for the inevitable rough edges between you.





Intimate relationships are among the greatest of challenges given the emotional sensitivity, i.e., empathy, and capacity for compromise demanded of partners. BPD and NPD, as you probably know, can greatly affect these interpersonal skills.





A narcissist can absolutely get better. Would anyone with such a debilitating condition, once they become aware of it, not wish to heal? There is a world of joy awating him as he learns to know and accept himself. Letting go of narcissistic defenses is rebirth to the possibilities of life.





Just remember, you possess the power to remain at peace regardless of what is going on outside of you. Your self esteem is in your hands; if someone says 'crush', you always have the final choice to respond or not.





The ability to love another is really just an extension of the ability to know and love oneself. Work on the latter skill and the former will come naturally. It may sound counter intuitive, but it's true.





Take careCould someone tell me how someone with borderline personality discorder and a narcassist can be happy together
I would say your borderline personality disorder is the least of your problems.
ok, all that mental disorder stuff is nonsense. sounds like love to me. it's always going to be a tough thing no matter what. U have to make an effort to be happy sometimes. Unless he's a total jerk everything should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment