Monday, August 9, 2010

I am a Narcissist...?

I have always known that I am a Narcissist. People have told me this all my life, and it came as no surprise to me when I went to a Freudian analyst recently and was told that I was one.





I don't exactly know why I turned out this way, but I need some advice and help, either from people who know how to treat this condition to some degree, from a psychologist or from a fellow Narcissist who can show me how to deal with the incredible pain that this causes those who suffer from it.





Being a Narcissist is horrifying. One of the traits is that even a small negative comment hurts the Narcissist to an incredible degree. This is how it is with me. For example, a woman cut in line in front of me in the store last week, and I cannot get this out of my mind, and I have been raging over it since it occurred.





On a regular basis, I remember even the smallest perceived slights and become red with anger. I feel like a fool, but I have no idea how to have a happy life. This is killing me, and I think of suicide on a daily basis.





Please, if anyone has any suggestions on how to live with this condition and on how to lessen the emotional pain, please help. Thank you.I am a Narcissist...?
Sorry - I was married for 20+ years to someone with Narcissist Personality Disorder (he didn't suffer from it - everyone else did). He put his wants before everyone else's needs - to the point where talking his ';mates'; to the movies was more important than feeding his child %26amp; paying basic bills.





IF you have NPD, than this claim about any ';small negative comments'; would be a manipulation ploy to gain attention/fix.





BUT judging from the other comments than I'd suggest maybe you don't have it. Anger manager, poor self esteem, %26amp; other problems but not a Narcissist.





.I am a Narcissist...?
Being a Narcissist means being ';A person full of egoism and pride; One who shows extreme love and admiration for oneself';


It is like extreme vanity.





I do not think that you are a narcissist, but I would go and speak to someone about it if I was you, especially if you are thinking about suicide.





I hope this helps :)
I made a new site about bullying deppresion etc..





www.somethinginvisible.webs.com





deppresion effects people in diffrent ways, and so does bullying and everything else.


Would mean alot if you became a member and told me what you think of it.


It dosent take a minuite to sign up and it would mean the world to me.


thankyou %26lt;33 xox
Get in touch with a psychiatrist. He or she will be able to help you deal with this disorder. You are not the only one who is having a problem with anger. It does not sound like narcissism but more of an anger problem. Don't wait until it is too late to treat. With the fact that you are contemplating suicide this would be very essential for you to get in touch with someone who would be able to help you so that you are not experiencing the symptoms anymore. It takes more strength to ask for help.
Hi chris,


This seems to be an ongoing issue with you, The whole suicide topic. Ppl that are serious about suicide don't openly discuss it. In fact they keep it a secret and then one day just do it. I feel that you are trying to reach out to ppl and are ';screaming'; inside yourself, for some sort of help.


The term narcissism refers to the personality trait of self-esteem, which includes the set of character traits concerned with self-image or ego. I would try to forget what other ppl may be thinking about you. You can't please the entire world and there will be ppl out there that just don't like you. But that is there own problem. You need ton stop being so concerned about other ppl. About this woman who told you that you are a Narcissist, get a Second opinion, FYI the more ppl tell you that you have something or are this way the more you are pron to start believing it. I think that is what is going on with you with a lot of things. Do you really think that you are a Narcissist? We are only human we get mad at ppl that cut us in line, I know it may be something little but if we have other problems going on in our life then that happens it might seem like a huge deal. I think that you need to get to the ';real'; underlying issue that is going on in your life. What is the real problem that you think that you ';can't'; resolve? Is it that your life has not turned out to where you think it should be? Are you not happy with your life? Do you think that you are a failure? Are you hard on yourself,? Do you think that you are not worth living for cause nothing can change? If you answeredd yes to any of these things then I would suggest getting a good theripst, someone that does NOT hand out medicine. Just someone that you can freely chat with . I would get this idea of you being a Narcissist out of your brain! You are not a Narcissist! Stop letting ppl make you belive that you have this. Start thinking positive about yourself, Stop feeling sorry for yourself, get up and get moving find things that make you happy, get a hobby, Get involved in a support group. Get active! Life is short! Make the most out of it while you still can.


I am a firm believer that a lot of doctors make us think that we are sick when we are not! Life is not easy, and it becomes a lot harder then ppl tell us that we have a medical condition when we really don't. Wake up and get a life!


I can relate to you , for years I was told that I was bio polar, I was on meds ,I started drinking, acting out, had thoughts of sucide, I attempted a couple of times as well. I finally after 16 years of feeling sorry about myself got some help! I signed myself into a place that deals with these kind of issues. it took a lot of time and energy for me to come to the realization that my life was not as terrible as I thought, and that all these quacks of doctors were doling out me meds to help me not get better and come to the truth about what the heck was going on in my mind! You will never never never get better until you become REAL with what is going on.
  • girls myspace
  • company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment