Monday, August 16, 2010

Does anyone else have a narcissistic father?

I'm a girl who's lived with a narcissistic father for 17 years. Being as i'm almost 18 and so close to leaving and never looking back again I'm really scared I might have problems for the rest of my life because of my dad.


My parents divorced 2 years ago and still nothing is settled there is still a custody battle and my dad refuses to pay child support. It's a never ending battle. My mom was in the marriage for 18 years and I don't know how the hell she survived! but she finally stood up for herself and decided a divorce was more than necessary. When my mom married my dad she lost everything she was, she wasn't allowed to be herself, he controlled every aspect of her life (music, clothing, money..) But she says when they were dating he was the PERFECT man. Extravagant dates and everything. He seemed like the nicest most amazing man, like her savior because she had a crappy childhood and horrible mother. She found her escape but quickly realized once they got married that he was a total lie, a fake.


They say narcissists usually choose a golden child if there are more than one in the household, and i definitely got the short end of the stick. My sister is 3 years younger than me and is a people pleaser. She'll do whatever she can to make my dad happy. She plays sports and goes along with whatever my dad is interested in, I don't know if she even likes what she does. But i on the other hand am a bit more independent although my dad has messed me up in some areas. My dad gives my sister more attention and affection but for the both of us when it comes to money he is very very selfish. He's made both of us feel unworthy and undeserving of things, even basic needs like razors, shampoo, food, haircuts, clothing, etc. He is NOT poor, he bought a new porsche, motorcycle, and house for himself. He'll even tell me that his house does not belong to me at all. He ';gave'; me his old car but will not let me take it when i go to my moms.


Yes, I still eat and am surviving. But my father either complains a whole lot before i can get him to buy me something or my mom (who has no income or child support because she's in nursing school since she married my dad young and never got to go to college) has to buy it for me, bless her heart. She's so giving and loving so at least i have her as an example and to balance things out. But I still feel like I've missed out on good childhood memories due to my dad's cheapness. I loved to dance and was on a private dance team for 5 years but I felt the pressure from dad about the cost and decided i ';wanted'; to quit. I was also in counseling after my parents divorced and he cut that short after 3 sessions because he decided it was too much money even though it was very much needed.


Ever since I was a little girl I hated my dad. I look back at my diary and all the things I said about how much i hated him because he's selfish. He puts on a show for people and around his family he's generally ';silly'; he has all these nicknames and things for us to make us think he loves us, but if you ever question something he says or does or catch him lying (he lies ALL the time) then you better wish you didn't. and there is NO way of arguing with him, you'll get blue in the face and wish you could just put a bullet in his head because he'll retort with outrageous irrationality it's just impossible to make him see how you feel.


He is so very insensitive. He's recently been dating a new girl who he acts like all the sudden is a part of the family. She's 10 years younger than him and still lives with her parents. She's just a new girl for him to control since he's lost that ability with my mom. So now she goes EVERYWHERE with us. Yesterday she had to come to out fathers day dinner, she sits with us at church, and it's very awkward and weird. They're constantly holding hands and hugging and whispering around me and my sister and we've tried telling him it makes us feel uncomfortable and that we wanted to sometimes just go out with him because we only see him on the weekends. But he still refuses to listen to our feelings. He actually called ME selfish for telling him how i felt about her. That made my blood boil. The crazy thing is, my parents tried to get back together a few weeks ago but he told my mom she was boring and broke it off after a week and the next day was out with his girlfriend.


This girl just shows how hypocritical my dad is. My dad has always said how disgusting tattoos and piercings are and guess what, she has 3 tattoos and a nose piercing. He's always told me how chiropractors are BS, and she is one. It's just funny to me. He never allowed any of us to get our nails done or go to the salon or buy fancy clothes, but this girl is obviously high maintenance with highlights and painted nails and nice clothes. I feel bad for her because he doesn't know that once they get married she's not gonna be allowed to go out with her friends, or go to the britney spears concert, or wherDoes anyone else have a narcissistic father?
that's totally wack. try to be friends with his gf, then bring her the dark truth about your dadDoes anyone else have a narcissistic father?
hehehe...your explanation is too long!
  • dvr
  • web hosting plans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment